on 11/14/10 8:34 AM, Dave Faller at davefaller...@gmail.com wrote:

> I've been wondering...
>
> Because a lot of Riv discussion seems to focus on pedaling free and
> finding the perfect pedal for doing so, is there some reason BMX-style
> pedals aren't more frequently considered?  I use the MKS RMX Sneaker
> pedals, as do many of you, but I've often wondered about why so many
> riders find their pedals to be either too short or not wide enough,
> yet BMX pedals don't seem to be the preferred solution to either
> issue.  There are some very well made and decent looking BMX pedals on
> the market that look like they would solve all the shortcomings of
> MKS, Grip Kings, etc.
>
> Thoughts or experiences, anyone?

One thing to be aware of is that BMX "standard" is 1/2" thread, rather than
the road/mountain standard of 5/8".  Many models are made with both spindle
types, but they are not compatible.

- J

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Gallery updates now appear here - http://cyclofiend.blogspot.com

"I thought the idea was to waste the rest of our lives together.."
-- Cyril, "Breaking Away"