William wrote:

Those MG-1's are pretty slick.  Maybe I'll give them a try someday.

-------

A couple of weeks before this thread took up, we bought our first pair of
BMX pedals, then our second.

A friend suggested BMX pedals to improve foot control on my ATB, so I
replaced older Deore rat-trap mountain pedals with the Wellgo B-76. I have
delighted at how well my feet now stay where I put them. My wife rode my
bike and wanted similar pedals for her townie, so I bought Wellgo MG-1's for
her -- bright yellow, of course, to match cable housings, grips, bell, and
decals.

The cast magnesium MG-1 is noticeably lighter in the hand than the machined
aluminum B-76, but I notice no weight difference while riding. Both models
are quite wide, but they live on high-BB bikes ridden by the risk-averse, so
pedal strike is not a practical worry. It's true they're not easily
modified, save the addition or removal of pins -- again, not a real drawback
for me.

We both consider these pedals significant improvements for relatively little
money.

--
Jon "Papa" Grant, in chilly, damp
Austin, Texas