I'm using the Fizik Microtex handle bar tape on both of my bikes.  The
most recently installed is a very nice Honey Brown color for my
Rivendell Road Standard.  That color is great to match a honey brown
Brooks saddle, like the B.17 Special that is on my Riv.  Unfortunately
the honey brown color of Fizik Microtex, as well as their Antique
Brown color are only available presently from the UK or in Europe.  I
ordered my tape from a UK source and I've found it available from
another at an even better price:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=46974
(The price from this source compares fairly well with domestic
pricing, where the tape typically sells for $17.99 plus local taxes,
or shipping).

It seemed strange to me that these colors of the Fizik Microtex tape
have been available in the UK for more than a year, but not in the
U.S.  After a conversation with the owner of my favorite LBS, I've
discovered the reason.  He told me that the U.S. distributor for Fizik
also imports the pricey Brooks leather handlebar tape.  Apparently,
they don't want the less expensive Fizik tape to compete with the
Brooks leather tape.  Go figure...

I've never tried to re-wrap my handlebars with the Fizik bar tape.  I
don't, however, think that it would be too suitable for re-wrapping
(it's obviously not as cheap as cloth tape).  I personally prefer the
Fizik Microtex tape to cloth, and I've used cloth for around 40 years!

Jim Cloud
Tucson, AZ