William,

Excellent post!  And perfectly captures what many were trying to say.
Even myself, although went about it all wrong.  It is the rider.  And
as a rider of Rivendell, I fail miserably.  Probably because at my
heart, am too much of a "reverse snob".  Wherein beautiful and
practical is nice.  But funky, strange and not "normal" is much more
interesting.  (Besides being too heavy and slow to actually get the
best performance out of a Rivendell.)

Sorta like guitars.  An older Martin guitar is a stunning thing of
beauty.  Both for the eye and ear.  Yet personal interest in guitar
has lead down a road to oddball names and makers left behind in the
wastebins of history.  Because the sound and visual aspects are much
more in tune with what I am trying to capture.

Mice.  Appears am wandering off topic again.  Apologize for that.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN