I bought Riv's floor model, 56 cm Waterford canti SH, last March and
rode it for six months. It had very good qualities as an all rounder
type of bike, but I found it -- built as Riv had built it -- rather
doggish in cruising and climbing modes, leaving out handling qualities
that I did not like and that differed markedly from my other Rivs. I
am sure that, with lighter wheels and kit it would have felt faster,
but again, as built by Riv, it was no faster than my much heavier
(even!) and fatter tired (65 MM, 800 gram Big Apple Liteskins on 800
gram 45 mm SnoCat SL rims) Fargo (measured by computer readouts) that
is built up much the same (and with many of the parts from the SH)
except for the disk brakeset.

Me, for current Riv offerings, I'd choose something like a Bombadil or
Hunq and a Roadeo.

Patrick "fuddy duddy speeds with world class effort" Moore

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact
Patrick Moore, ACRW at resumespecialt...@gmail.com