On Jan 10, 12:38 pm, Esteban <proto...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I've found that if you follow Riv's sizing
> guidelines and part suggestions, then the bike will tempt you to stop
> and smell the roses - to ramble and amble and enjoy the scenery.  This
> is the case with my 650B Nobilette-built Protovelo.

^ This  ^

for me this is largely what I couldn't put into words earlier.

I have been one of those 'ride as fast as you can' and 'impress
buddies with fancy gear' types in the past. I took several years off
of serious riding, then picked up my Bombadil.

I have been converted.

im no longer in a big hurry and am now focused on looking around,
smelling the roses, enjoying the ride and trying my best not be a
nuisance to those around me. I guess I really drank the Rivendell
koolaid, and am happier and having more fun than I have ever had that
I can remember since being a kid. Slowing down and accepting that im
not a racer dude was key.

Thanks GP.