I think you have to drill and tap the pins to them for the ultimate
pedal. My own BMX style pedals Crank Bros. etc. seem to work fine with
excellent traction and the wide contact area for low psi, no hot spot
pedaling. I had the touring pedals for several hundreds of miles and
love the retro look but found them to slip in the wet too much. My
favorite pedal actually is an inexpensive MTB pedal with the tooth
like cage around the perimeter. Somewhat crude and some fear the
dreaded calf scape but I've not found them to be a problem ever. I get
good traction and can dismount in a flash plus I've spun up to about
130 rpm with them on my single speed. My climate/terrain however is
predominately wet and hilly so.......