I have a set of the classic "Marcel Berthet" Model 23 Lyotard pedals
installed on my Paramount P-15.  I obtained these pedals years ago
while foraging in the parts bins at a prototypical Schwinn bicycle
dealer/cum mower repair shop.  Sheldon Brown preferred these pedals to
any other until he switched to the SPD clipless type pedals.

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and the
White Industry Urban Platform pedals are an example.  Their design is
basically a CNC and sealed bearing derivative of the classic Berthet
pedals.  I've used these pedals for a number of years, the pedal
bearings appear to be quite smooth and the pedals have served me
well.  Berthet pedals appear on eBay quite frequently, often NOS and
aren't especially expensive.

Here's a link to some photos I've taken of these pedals on my bike:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37964304@N05/sets/72157626864298522/

Jim Cloud
Tucson, AZ