Hi Zack,

Here's a link about officially sactioned "primitive" camping in
Vermont:

http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/primitive.htm

If you're interested crossing the Green Mountains, the Northeast
Kingdom Travel and Tourist Assn. offers a network of recommended bike
routes and loops all over that part of the state:

http://www.travelthekingdom.com/biking.php

Have a great time!  Do take care if you go soon, I'm sure you're aware
that in roads in some areas are in rough shape due to the recent heavy
rains and flooding.

Lisa