On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 14:13 -0700, E.B. wrote:

> Adding interrupter levers gives you immediate access to the brakes
> while riding "on the tops." This riding position puts you more
> upright, which in turn improves your sightline while commuting in
> traffic. I have interrupters on 46cm Noodles. Some might say they
> clutter the bar, add weight or complicate using a h-bar bag. I
> somewhat agree, but I still like mine. By the way, mine are Salsa
> "Halter Top" levers: beautifully made, comfortable in the hand,
> excellent braking modulation, and they match my Noodled Riv perfectly.
> While I haven't used the Paul Component cross lever, the others I've
> tried (Tektro/CC) were dismal in comparison. The Salsas are a bit
> pricey, however.

I have 46cm Noodles with Tektro interrupter levers on my Alex Moulton
AM.  Photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97916047@N00/sets/72157624929495699/show/

I also have a couple of bikes with Paul cross levers, which I like a
lot.  I wouldn't call the Tektros "dismal" at all.  They feel different
than the Paul levers, but they work just fine.  And they're very cost
effective.

Incidentally, the two bikes (soon to be 3) with the Paul interrupter
levers both have handlebar bags.  I like the levers vertical under the
handlebar, and in that position there's plenty of room behind the bag
for the lever.  Photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97916047@N00/sets/72157606169015639/show/
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97916047@N00/sets/72157603355855778/show/
Both those bikes have 44 cm Nitto 176 "Dream" bars.