Agree with Jim here - my rim failure was on a fairly new rim (less
than a week old), with less than 100 miles on it.  36 spokes.  Just
happen to be a stone that cut really sharp and deep.

Will admit to having one bike with 32 hole rims.  Otherwise,
everything is 36 hole.  And even there I feel at 225 pounds am
probably pushing the envelope and 40 or 48 hole would be more
practical.

To the OP, sorry but the new photos don't change my mind, but the
middle photo is interesting.  If you can, take the rim tape off.
Would not shock me if the inside of the rim was cracked.  Had that
happen on a Synergy rim.  Almost forgot about that rim failure.

Gee, makes me realize I'm harder than most on my rims.  Guess that
what happens when one is a super heavyweight.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN