I am at the other end of the country & have bought things from Harris
that were not even in the "we-can-order-it-for-you" category at any of
the half dozen shops in my area.  It seems to me that the large
Trekialized dealers only have replacement parts for current or near
current models. Once a model becomes obsolete, it seems the customer's
option is to buy a new bike, or spend cubic dollars to "upgrade" the
old one.

Recently, a guy I know needed a replacement 9 speed Ultegra road
cassette.  Doesn't seem too far out of date, does it?  He wound up
buying it on-line.

Next time I'm picking up tubes, I'll have to see if they happen to
carry 650B.

dougP