René,

Your experiment is remarkable. As a scientist I admire your desire to
experiment and learn, It also prompts me to write my first ever response to
the Group. I have lurked in the background vicariously enjoying passionate
debates about front bags vs rear bags, clips vs open petals, light
responsive tires vs heavy stout "German" tires... you get the point. I
enjoy the discussions and the passion. I have learned a great deal. Your
involved experiment makes me ask why? The analogy is strained, but if I
wanted my Subaru to handle like a Porsche, I could try to modify my Subaru
to handle like a Porsche, or get a Porsche. In your first sentence you
mention my  two favorite (living) sources of bike wisdom. I admire and
respect both, as it seems you do. The Riv cachet is powerful, but it
doesn't suit all, nor does it try. At some point you might want to say "I
like Riv bikes, but prefer the handling of...". As for me, I prefer my
Subaru. Best of luck in your search.