On Jul 3, 2012, at 11:51 PM, pb wrote:

Riv has had historic alliances with Merry Sales (if I recall correctly
-- weren't they the folks who distributed the Bleriot?  Or was it
QBP?), as well as with Soma.  Any of those could be very helpful in
lining up suppliers and supplies.

QBP handled the Bleriot project.

Merry is the import/wholesale company behind SOMA.

I expect also that the Hillborne, Foy/Gomez, SimpLeone projects all developed relationships in Taiwan.

All of which combines to help them work this. You have to find someone who will deliver what you spec, work with you to get it where it has to be on time, etc. These are never trivial negotiations.

Plus I would expect a few prototype sample bikes would be delivered, tested and refined. Grant and company won't let a bike show up that doesn't ride like a Rivendell. It certainly isn't just about making a bicycle frame with lugs.

I just think it's cool that they've shared that info with us.

- Jim / cyclofiend.com