It's funny, someone will post a picture of a really nice Hilsen and I'll
almost envy it only to realize it's basically identical to mine. A lot of
times it's the quality of the image that does that. I'm pretty happy with
my Hilsen and have no desire to change components other than maybe trying
it with Albatross bars at some point. What I do like changing on my Hilsen
are the tires, racks and bags. It's amazing how changing tires from say
Jack Browns to 40mm Schwalbe Marathons makes it seem like a whole new bike.
Pedals too. There are times when I set it up in "go fast" mode with SPDs,
Jack Brown greens and no racks and other times where it has Grip Kings,
racks, big tires and bags. And recently, a kickstand. The versatility of
the Hilsen really keeps me intrigued in the bike.

--mike