On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Doug Magney <yengamg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is a link to Sheldon Brown's classic article on cold setting frame
> dropouts.  http://sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing.html
> I've done it as a novice and got excellent results.

Aha!  I searched for the wrong terms when I went to Sheldon's website,
apparently.  Well, now that I know how it's done, there's no way I'd
want to try this (or have my less-than-confident local bike shop
mechanic try it) on a brand-new $2000 frame.  On an old frame that
isn't useful otherwise, sure...