I'm equally pleased with the new pedals on my QuickBeam. Whether riding
fixed, or on the freewheel, they're an improvement over the older MKS RX-1
pedals with toe clips I had been using. I thought I would need clips when
riding fixed, but... not so much. I'm "just riding" by mashing down, and
the main thing the clips were giving me was consistent placement of my foot
on the pedal. But I quickly find the right spot for my feet on the VP
pedals, and the spikes seem to help hold my shoes right there. I'm going to
get a pair for my wife's B'Stone, and for my RBW LongLow as well.

- Andrew, Berkeley