Addendum: Since I've experienced this fit/feel-cum-speed thing over almost
15 years with the '99 and for almost 10 with the '03, I think I can
discount psychology. With the Herse, the immediate feeling was: "How like
the Rivs!"

Shoulda kept it -- except that I needed the $$. I hope the Ram ends up
feeling as good -- and! That it does not end up costing as much as the
Herse. So far, it's much less.