nicely said. when i discuss the difference in weight of my lightish steel
and my still 4 lbs lighter carbon, i am never thinking about my measured
performance or speed improvement. for me it is a more subtle appreciation
of the overall quality of the ride. the unmeasured feel of getting up to
speed faster and easier, standing up on the pedals and going like a rocket,
and the seemingly overall ease when climbing something steep. completely
unscientific, but i know it's true.