I bought a NOS Landshark frame and fork for $150. It was the perfect size and
had never been built up. This was in 2005.

Also bought a new Wanta lugged frame for $100. Came with a matching (though
non- lugged) fork. It was my size as well. Alan Wanta is a smaller regional
frame builder.

And finally, bought a brand new Waterford 2200 with full Ultegra from a shop
for $1299. Also my size and had the flame/ fade orange and red paint job.
Someone ordered it and backed out.

Oh wait..... Also got my wife one of the Rams that Riv donated to the
non-profit in SF (forget the name) for $1500. This was the standard Ram build.

Which do I think was the best deal? Prob the Landshark but the others are close.

Cheers,
cm