She's done a decently balanced review.  I love my Atlantis (now well over
40,000 miles) and anxiously await every issue of BQ.  I do not agree
completely with either Grant or Jan but both have well substantiated
arguments for their philosophies.  To me, it boils down to Grant's
statement (somewhere?) that "...a bike frame is a place to hang the parts
you want..." and Jan's belief that one must start with the wheel & tire
size and design an integrated bicycle from there, considering rider weight,
luggage, racks, lights, etc.  Grant's approach demands versatility whereas
Jan's seems to lean toward specificity.  Granted Jan's ideas lead to a bike
that's still quite versatile, but bikes built to his ideal will be more
rider specific; i.e., built for one rider's height, weight, etc.

I've learned a lot from both of these guys, and they both contribute real,
useful information.  I'm glad we've got resources such as Grant & Jan in
the bicycle world.  They are both into real world cycling that we can
relate to and actually enjoy.  Thumbs up to Lovely Bicycle for a great
article.

dougP