The Soma badge is merely a cloaking device.

Those with the means and ability can see through it and know it is a Riv
design.

Those who lack the means or ability to see that don't know the difference
between a Riv and a Soma design anyway.

You will be able to tell in which category to place someone who starts up a
conversation based on how they identify it without them even knowing that
you are doing so.

-jb

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Doug Williams <salg...@minbaritm.com>wrote:

>  I’m looking at getting a San Marcos from Rivendell soon. Of course, I
> would REALLY prefer a Roadeo, if only I could find another $1,300. But I
> digress.******
>
> As a big Rivendell fan, I have to say that the one annoying thing about
> the San Marcos is the lack of anything (other than the very small print on
> the chainstay) that mentions that it is a Rivendell. Well, we can’t do
> anything about the decals (they have clear-coat over them) but what about
> the headbadge? Couldn’t Riv put a Rivendell headbadge on the San Marcos for
> those frames purchased from Riv HQ and fully assembled by Rivendell elves
> with all parts purchased from Rivendell?****
>
> Sounds petty, I know. But reading the web, I am not the only one with this
> petty hang-up. A Rivendell headbadge could be a big incentive for people to
> buy the San Marcos from Rivendell instead of Amazon (or wherever).****
>
> I hear that a blow dryer will soften up the glue and allow the San Marcos
> headbadge to be easily removed and replaced with a Rivendell one.  J  Of
> course, I don’t know what the Riv contract with Soma might say about this.
> ****
>
> Doug****

John Blish
Minneapolis MN USA