You do raise an excellent point. I'm not sure how the B17 will ride, and I'm
definitely not willing to swap for a less comfortable saddle. But I've seen
lots of BF bikes with A-bars and B17s so they must work for some people. The
biggest BF fan in the blogosphere (Dottie from Let's Go Ride A Bike) has one
and her saddle/bar height look about like mine. I've submitted photos in this
thread (but I'm new, so they are presently in moderation) and maybe you all
could give an opinion as to whether the B17 might work for my setup. Thanks,
everyone!