+1 for the leather straps under the bag to fix to the rack instead if zip ties.
I use Carradice leather straps which are thinner and more flexible than the
Acorn straps.

No sway whatsoever, even descending rough rocky trails as proven on the last
RBW S24O.

Additionally, if you have the smaller of the two Nitto Large Rear Racks, you'll
get no interference from the front of the rack under the saddle, since it goes
well under the saddle as the frame is more inclined and thus, more parallel to
the seat stays. The larger version of the rack is more vertical and the front
of the rack is further back, which usually interferes with the bag and forces
you to push it backwards which ends up tilting its rear upwards. Here is where
strapping the rear of the bag to the rack really helps. It's not a show
stopper, but you just wish the bag could be pushed further forward under the
saddle IMO.

On the larger Hunqapillar sizes and perhaps some other newer frames, the braze
ons for the rack are places higher on the seat stays so the smaller rack fits
perfectly. On my Atlantis I can't use the smaller rack.

René
—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone