I've never met a mean guy in a bike shop.  Mostly passionate people, some
jaded people who've heard it all before.  This works for me and it should
work for you, too, is a natural attitude.  I think the comfort aspect that
is so important to us, um, older guys really is lost in bike shops and
certainly the bulk of the crank-them-out bike industry, where new, better,
and techy sells.  Paraphrased from the first post - seat high, bars down,
that's where your power is.  That's where his power is.  My power is
comfortably staying on the bike for a long ride.