There's a Motel 6 and a Travelodge in San Rafael, about 4 miles from the
campgrounds. There's also an Embassy Suites less than 2 miles away from it.
The first two seem to be around $70/night for a king bed, and the Embassy
Suites about $170 (all current rates).

Admin Jim Cyclofiend has been known to lurk in the trails and roadways in
that area, so maybe he can chime in at some point about local motels, etc?
:)

Also, the campground has pay showers, just fyi. And if you use it as a
base, you will have access to many great rides from there.

I like how this is shaping up!
Lee