I suggest that we provide an actual motel/inn option, rather than
hostels. Some people prefer privacy. Also, if we have a motel option,
people can reserve on their own, rather than an organizer reserving a
block at a hostel and then finding people cancelling.

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Jim Mather <mather...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the Bay Area, there are hostels in the Marin headlands and in Pt. Reyes.
> You can reserve them as a group, but you'd need to do it soon, I'm sure.
>
> jim m
> wc ca
>

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Andy Smitty Schmidt <54ca...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if we could find some sort of B&B type place that would have
>> rooms for those who want to sleep indoors and a lawn for those who want to
>> throw a sleeping bag on the ground.
>>
>> The Coastal Mountain Sport Haus is in the coast range west of Portland, so
>> not really near Bellingham. But if there's interest I'd be happy to call and
>> at least find out if they could/would accommodate something like this.
>>
>> My vote regarding date would be earlier the better... to maximize the cool
>> and green. Although by mid-July the berries are ripe.
>>
>> --Smitty
>>

>> --

-- Anne Paulson

It isn't a contest. Enjoy the ride.