Thanks guys, it was super fun riding and hanging with you all. There's
already talk of a possible San Diego ride and Hugh and I are planning a
little LA exploration ride if anyone else is interested.

Pannier ramble:

After a debating endlessly between Sackville & Swift, I stumbled on the
Carsick designs. They had one set of waxed green canvas in stock & the
price was right so I jumped on it. Before purchasing these panniers I made
an inquiry with Monica and Brian about possible custom color options. If
you are willing to be patient, they're happy to work with you on a more
custom color as long as it is available from their canvas provider. Brian
also mentioned it would be possible to make a more custom bag- so I believe
you could specify the dimensions and they'd make it. These panniers feature
Carsick
is developing some interesting frame and handlebar bags in a wide range of
colors (even camo and tie-dye!), and pretty soon they will have a new
website that shows off more of their products. Check out their flickr
page<http://www.flickr.com/photos/stop_lying_to_me/> in
the meantime.

Deacon, I've never seen the Sackville Panniers in person  but I figure the
material is the same as on my Slickersack. The waxed canvas on these
panniers is pretty beefy, but slightly less "cushiony" (for lack of a
better adj.) than my Slickersack. This was my first ride with the panniers
and they were super; I can't say how they would perform in rain and snow
because I live in Southern California!  Overall super happy with them.