Ryan writes: Although the SF location has a growing lead very few
pollsters (only 3 of 60) currently listed a willingness to attend
either great state.

I say: in my opinion, this is a mistaken interpretation of the
results. I voted for China Camp. That doesn't mean I wouldn't go to
Minneapolis. It means I prefer China Camp.

If we want to have a National Jamboree, we should have a National
Jamboree. It'll require some work and planning. If we instead want to
have a get-together at China Camp and another get-together in
Minneapolis, like the get-togethers we've been having all along,
that's fine, but that's a different thing, a lesser thing.

If it's just a matter of oh, there's an event in China Camp in July,
and an event in Minneapolis in September, fine, but what makes them
different than the get-together that just happened in Southern
California, or the get-together in New Jersey earlier this year, or
the get-togethers in the Pacific Northwest, or all the other
get-togethers we all arrange and post about? Nothing.

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Abcyclehank <hankinso...@me.com> wrote:
> Since it is the 20th Anniversary of Rivendell why not celebrate with both
> locations since separate dates are already being proposed.  Although the SF
> location has a growing lead very few pollsters (only 3 of 60) currently
> listed a willingness to attend either great state.

-- Anne Paulson

It isn't a contest. Enjoy the ride.