Hi Kip,

I haven't tried that specific combo, but I have used Ortlieb panniers on a
Tubus rear rack, with my large SaddleSack sitting on top. It worked fine in
terms of everything being securely attached etc., but there was zero access
to the contents of the panniers without removing the SaddleSack, so it was
a matter of loading the panniers, attaching them to the bike, then
attaching the SaddleSack.

>From memory it was possible, if a bit fiddly, to attach or remove the
panniers with the SaddleSack already on the rack, but I guess that wouldn't
work with Riv-style panniers.

Sounds like you've got some great trips planned, don't forget to post some
photos!

Tom
Germany.