When you're climbing a steep grade, you're not maintaining a constant
speed.  If you graphed your speed over time, with time on the x-axis, you'd
see something resembling a sine wave.  But your speedometer may not
register a change in speed because its averaging the speed over an
integration interval of probably several seconds.  In this case I would
agree that rotational weight can clearly be felt, much more than static
weight.

Anton