> Why? Pants are always moving up and down the leg, creating more sensory
input than my brain is happy with. Knickers, which I lock down just below
the knee,
> move very little in comparison but allow complete freedom of movement.

Schoeller fabric pants from the likes of Swrve and Outlier do not impede
freedom of movement, are comfortable and blend in well when you get off the
bike and mingle among people not riding.  I don't care one way or the other
what people wear or do not wear riding (although if you wear nothing I
would prefer you be in decent shape), but personally do not like wearing
lycra or tights.  Fortunately I have found many pants and shorts that are
quite comfortable for me.