On Friday, February 7, 2014 11:04:43 PM UTC-8, Matt Lynch wrote:

> I opted for the cromoly Surly Open Bar.
> Matt

I have the Open Bar on my SS Cross Check and on my Big Dummy. They're
great. I had Albas on my CC the bike felt twitchy with them. I used them
briefly on my Big Dummy and they were fine, just like the Open Bar more.

I love the look of Hilsens and Hillbornes with Albas and keep meaning to
try them on my Hilsen. I've had my Hilsen for over 5 years now and there
was a time when I never could have imagined putting a whimisical bar like
the Alba on it. That's changed. I can imagine it and will likely do it. I'm
hoping I'll like it but if the Albas are not to my liking, I'll just put
Noodles back on, but 48s not 46s.

--mike