I tested the solution described below (4.2) today and it didn't work as
expected ... but I believe it's a viable solution.
Whaaa????  Stay tuned.

I built a Pololu R/C Switch with Digital Output.
The process was almost identical to the previous one for the Pololu MOSFET
switch,
except I needed two 2-position screw terminals as the two connections I
needed were not adjacent.
On the upside if I ever want to know the GOOD state and/or tap into the VCC
it's ready to go.

I turned on the marker power and my remote controller.
When I turned on the power to the receiver (which also powers the switch
board) the marker immediately fired.
The switch board blinked its LED briefly about once a second as specified.
I pressed the FIRE button on my controller and the switch board LED stayed
on as specified while the button was pressed but the marker didn't fire.
I pressed the manual trigger on the marker and it fired once, but didn't
fire one subsequent presses.
I pressed the FIRE button on my controller a few times and nothing.
I pressed the manual trigger and again it fired once but no more.

After scratching my head I realized the problem and a potential solution.

Challenge: Explain the problem.  Hint:  All you need to know is in this
discussion thread over the last few days.
Advanced challenge #1: Devise a diagnostic procedure using the existing
setup to confirm your theory.
Advanced challenge #2: Propose a solution using the existing hardware.
Principals of Tri-Pact are not eligible to enter.

4.1  Connect the output of a logic-level device (examples in 4 above) to