The max power spec for the CIM motor is for normal operation. It is capable of
drawing almost 1600w when stalled. Ohms law... 12v and 133A. However, generally
speaking the CIM motor is very inefficient, ~65% or less.

An outrunner style brushless motor can produce the same torque at much higher
efficiencies, ~75-90%. Copy link below for a motor that can easily produce more
torque than the CIM and is almost definitely more efficient in normal
operation. It just needs to have its 6mm shaft adapted.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18174__Turnigy_Aerodrive_SK3_5055_320kv_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor.html

The higher RPM of a geared brushless system should minimize "cogging". Where
the motor has trouble analyzing its own position. Which is a problem in direct
drive low RPM circumstances.

Mike