Can't say I truly understand the brushless nomenclature (i.e. KVA) because
nobody ever talks about the controller side.  Brushless motors are
basically steppers and without the controller are inert chunks of iron and
copper.  What I don't get is the KVA ratings (rpm's per volt) of these
motors.  In my mind, the controller dictates rpm by how fast it is
energizing the phases, not by how much voltage is being applied.  Voltage
would affect acceleration and torque or am I getting this wrong?

ST