Simon says:

>I think what is meant is not work in the sense of "sweat-of-the-brow"
>labor, but instead refers to the conceptualisations that are considered to
>form a separately copyrightable work (for example, selection and
>arrangement).

It seems to me we should be able to catalogue individual
manifestations of works, whether single or aggregate.  The "work" of
the aggregator is a matter of the relationship of the aggregator
(person, family, or corporate body) to the aggregate.

Beyond that, distinctions seem to me to have little relevance to our
everyday tasks.