Carrier Type includes Media Type as a constituent attribute, which means
Carrier Type "volume" includes "unmediated" and would therefore exclude
"stereographic" for the intermediation attribute. One can't combine "volume"
and "stereographic," and "stereographic" by itself would at least point to
Carrier Type "other".

The stereographic carriers include "stereograph card," "stereograph disc," and
"other."
http://www.loc.gov/standards/valuelist/rdacarrier.html

Carrier Type "other" would have to be used with media type "stereographic" for
carriers that are different from the two defined ones:

Stereograph card - mapped to 007 (non-projected graphic) /01 = h for
"photoprint ... (opaque stereographs are included here)"
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd007k.html

Stereograph disc - mapped to 007 (projected graphic) /01 = s for "slide ...
Includes modern stereographs, e.g. Viewmaster reels"
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd007g.html

For recording extent, RDA 3.4.4.3 instructions for multiple images in a single
carrier might be appropriate - basically resulting in something in the form of
"25 stereograph images in 1 volume", along with using Carrier type = "other"
and Media type = "stereographic".
Thomas Brenndorfer
Guelph Public Library