Cathy Crum posted:

>We catalog numerous publications from state government agencies in which we=
> only have a statement of responsibility in the imprint area,

If there is no imprint, then the cataloguer supplied the publisher; it
should be in brackets IMNSHO.  While the document may have been
produced by one agency, it may have been published by a government
publications office; do you check the title page verso and colophon
for that information? Does one order it from the agency which produced
it, or from a central government document publishing agency?

As with much in RDA, interpretations will vary.  I doubt any will do
264  1 for the producing agency, plus 264 2 or 3 for the distribution
or printing agency, but that would be an RDA possibility.

In this case, the cataloguer is assuming the producing agency is the
publisher, but doesn't *know* that.