Deborah, with whom until recently I always agreed, said:

>If you decide a statement is a responsibility statement (often based on
>layout) then remember that we do not 'guess' a publisher; we didn't under
>AACR, and we still don't, under RDA. So you would enter the corporate body
>as statement of responsibility, and you would have to enter [publisher not
>identified].

Please, please, please don't do this.  With the item in hand or on
screen, we are better able to determine data than the patron at the
catalogue.  SLC has been guessing publisher for decades.  Better to
pretend you are not guessing and just enter it, than to enter this
uninformative imprint.

Rules are meant to help inform patrons, not deny them information.