Dana van Meter said:

>The examples in the PCC Guidelines seem to indicate that one can use
>creator and contributor type relationship designators in the same field,
>as long as they are entered in WEMI order.

Yes you may.  But I still don't agree with the choice of main entry.
The poet is author, and  needs only the one $e or $4.  The editor
needs a whole string, including translator, which is not a main entry
role.

>One could also use a combination of 100 & 700 fields for the same
>person, with only creator >relationship designators in the 100 field,
>and contributor type >designators in the 700 field

I don't think so.  IMNSHO you should not have two entries for the same
person in the same record, not even real name and pseudonym.

>I'm starting to feel like just whimping out on this one and accepting
>the AACR2 copy, but adding a 700 for Garfinkle.

Please add it to the master record, whatever you decide on locally.