Technical Services Librarian
Brazosport College
Lake Jackson, TX
Michael.mitchell at brazosport.edu

From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of JSC Chair
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 8:53 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] ] The "A" in RDA

RDA is about describing bibliographic resources and their relationships and
enabling access to those resources to meet our users needs.  It is intended to
be used as an online tool that can be consulted as needed once a cataloger has
learned the basics.  That is not different from earlier cataloging codes.  What
is different, is that now we can access those instructions online and we can
build on the expertise of thousands of people to help improve those
instructions and vocabularies to offer even better descriptions and access to
those resources for our users -- now.
- Brabara Tillett
JSC Chair

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Ford Davey