Carolyn Phillips said:

>I agree with Deborah that Great Lakes Video Services is the producer of
>the reproduction, but the definition of the relationship designator
>"producer" as I read it, does not apply.

You are correct there I think.  We have introduced "manufacturer" as a
relationship designator, needed for equipment manufacturers for
example.

RDA is still very book centric, I suspect because the national
cataloguing agencies catalogue few of the nonbook nontextual resources
most of us catalogue.  Our experience since 1979 is that if something
is needed, it will eventually happen.  I expect to see "manufacturer"
added to the relationship terms.

I could understand not adding relationship designations at all, since
they are not RDA core, and legacy records lack them.  But if we are
using them, they should be added to all entries, even if it means
going outside the present list.  But why make this entry for a
commercial enterprise?  We do not normally trace commercial
publishers.  I do think we should trace the manufacturers of
equipment, and aggregators of e-resources.