The German rules for main entry under corporate bodies differ very much from the Anglo-American tradition, which makes it sometimes difficult for me to decide when RDA 19.2.1.1.1 (Corporate bodies considered to be creators) is to be applied.

Would the following types of publications usually be considered as falling under 19.2.1.1.1 a) or not? ("works of an administrative nature dealing with any of the following aspects of the body itself: ...")

#1: a festschrift for a corporate body, e.g. for the 75th or 100th anniversary of the body

#2: a brochure produced by a corporate body to present itself and its services to the public (e.g., a pamphlet which you can pick up when visiting an institution)

#3: the website of a corporate body

My feeling as that all of these should have the corporate body as the creator. Undoubtedly, these publications deal with the body itself. But I'm not absolutely sure whether they deal with the *right aspects* of the body in order to fall under the rule.

As these types of publications are aimed at a the general public, they will usually not contain internal information (i). They may include some information about its officers and staff (e.g, they will list contact persons; a festschrift might also include a list of former presidents or some such), but are certainly not directories (ii). The may also touch upon its resources (iii), but they aren't catalogues or inventories.

So, how are these things usually handled?

Heidrun

--
Prof. Heidrun Wiesenmueller M.A.