Heidrun said:

>The German rules for main entry under corporate bodies differ very much
>from the Anglo-American tradition

Our practice has changed drastically. For example, once "Journal of the
American Chemical Society" would be been entered under the Society.

>#1:  a festschrift for a corporate body, e.g. for the 75th or 100th
>anniversary of the body

No, the body would bet a 610 and perhaps a 710. but not a 110
(speaking in MARCese).  It was not produced by the body.  Festschrift
has multiple authors.

>#2: a brochure produced by a corporate body to present itself and its
>services to the public

Yes.  110 and 610, assuming no personal author.  But is is borderline.

>#3: the website of a corporate body

Depends of the nature of the website.  Usually they are of mixed
responsibility, and would have title main entry.

>My feeling as that all of these should have the corporate body as the
>creator.

Make that "a" creator.  Part of the ambiguity of RDA is "creator".  A
creator may be a main entry or and added entry.  The old terminology
is clearer.

>Undoubtedly, these publications deal with the body itself.

The resource should be both created by, *and* deal with, the body,
e.g., an annual report.  Being about the body is not enough.  Anyone
may write a history of a body, and that person would be the main entry.

What I say above is just my opinion, and the way SLC would do it.  Others
may differ.

I remember a French cataloguer at an IFLA meeting, when corporate main
entry was more common in North America than now, sniffing at me and
saying "Corporate bodies don't write books, people do".