28.10.2013 10:08, Heidrun Wiesenmüller:

The German community will need to learn to cope with this new freedom.
It won't be easy ;-)

But worse, it won't be better than what we used to have.
"Freedom" has a misleading positive connotation about it for these
matters. We have a conflict with "equality" here like between
Liberté and Egalité after the French Revolution. But here, other than
there, Egalité is by far the more preferable ideal, and it is not
inachievable either, as our historic example of RAK has clearly shown.

It might be useful if the LC and the DNB conducted a test: Let both
prepare some 20 or more records for selected resources, half German
titles and half English language titles, to see what the differences
and consequences might eventually be.
But also, think very hard about the relevance for the usability of
a catalog, esp, when not thinking exclusively in FRBR terms but in
terms of real user expectations and how a catalog might satisfy them.

B.Eversberg