This is decidedly NOT a case of reprint or reproduction.  It is a new
manifestation with a new typographical layout.

My understanding of reprints are that they use the same production plates
(to use mechanical printing terminology) as the original, although by an
agency or in a different context than the original (which would make them
just another print run).  Meanwhile, reproductions are based on an existing
item of the manifestation.  Both are derivative manifestations, with one
drawn from the manifestation source, and the other from a manifestation
exemplar. How one wishes to arrange them hierarchically is a matter I'd
rather not delve into.

The case in hand clearly represents a relationship, but how to render it is
debatable.  I think the best equivalent, without looking at Appendix J,
would be to draw from the techniques used to describe the related
manifestations of a sound recording, when they undergo a format change.

John Myers, Catalog Librarian
Schaffer Library, Union College
Schenectady NY 12308

518-388-6623