Hi Jonas,

Apologies for the slow response.  Some neurological issues plus Real Life make
it hard to keep up with e-mail. :(  Anyway, ...

On Sun, 2022-01-23 at 19:44 +0100, Jonas Schöpf wrote:
> Hi Leland!
>
> Thank you for this suggestion.

You're welcome.

> Mounting with sshfs works just fine.
> I have tried a backup with it, but rdiff-backup is looping when using sshfs.
> Does anybody have an idea why?
> So I mean after everything is copied from my phone it starts again
> copying from the beginning.
[...]

Hmmm.  Strange.  Although, as I said, I've never done this myself.  You aren't
by any chance mounting _both_ ways with 'sshfs' are you?  That is, mounting the
phone on the backup server, _and_ mounting the backup server on the phone?
Seems like that would create a recursive loop ... ?

Otherwise, when time permits, I can try some tests between two Linux machines
(sadly, my phone isn't set up for 'ssh' and friends).

Cheers
Leland
Leland C. Best      | Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is
lcbpub...@gmail.com |  something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
                    | -- Isaac Asimov
PGP Fingerprint     | 7B23ACB474299DF0E07F6DEBB8FEE465DCB9B6C3

[...]