Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2013 um 02:03 Uhr
Von: "Greg Landrum" <greg.land...@gmail.com>
An: chemis...@gmx.de
Cc: "RDKit Discuss" <rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
Betreff: Re: [Rdkit-discuss] (no subject)

Hi Axel,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM, <chemis...@gmx.de> wrote:

I am a medicinal chemist and am using RDKit and the Postgresql cartridge with
much success in a small startup project as the backbone for the chemical /
biological database and for cheminformatics (Lipinski and such, substructure
and similarity searches, ...).

Welcome. Thanks for letting us know about your use of the RDKit!

I have just upgraded from RDKit_2013_03_2.tgz to RDKit_2013_06_1.tgz on Arch
Linux (but using bison 2.7) and as far as I can tell, the upgrade was ok, rdkit
is working fine in IPython.
But in postgresql, I now get this error:
  psql (9.2.4)
  db=# select cpd_no, mol_to_smiles(mol) as smiles, lab_code from chem_cpd,
chem_batch
  where cpd_pk = 150 and cpd_pk = cpd_fk;
  ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/rdkit.so":
/usr/lib/postgresql/rdkit.so: undefined symbol: palloc
  db=#
I have rebuilt the cartridge of the new version, of course.
Do you have any ideas what might cause this error ?

This is a strange one. To diagnose it I am going to need a bit more info.
Please go to the $RDBASE/Code/PgSQL/rdkit directory, remove the file rdkit.so,
and then send the output of these three commands:

  make
  make install
  make installcheck

the first will show which libraries are being linked into the extension file,
the second where the extension file is being copied to, and the third will
confirm that the extension works on its own.

If those commands complete without error, please run this to display which
extensions are connected:

  psql -c "select * from pg_available_extension_versions where name ='rdkit'"
chembl_16

replace "chembl_16" with whatever your database name is, based on the above it
looks like it may be "db".