On 06/13/2018 01:10 PM, Greg Landrum wrote:

> You don't excerpt the earlier message where I explained how to get things
> working without needing X installed. Was that not clear? If you don't want
> to have X installed but would still like to use the conda builds, you can
> just install the two packages from the RDKit channel.

There's more to it than that. Conda as packaged for a given distro has
itself a set of dependencies. As I said before, *for example* installing
conda on a centos 6 server will take it off the network at the next
maintenance reboot, unless the installer knows they're doing and watches
the whole ting very carefully.

No, it's not your problem, you're doing the best you can, and thank you
for that. But the end result is that ready-made builds are getting
increasingly too bloated to be of use, and custom builds are too
"non-trivial" to attempt.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin